Meet seven startups selected by Google, 91springboard for advisor programme
“Google for startups is essentially about bringing the magic of mentorship and understanding its impact on the startup trajectory. The programme helps startups know their business better and create their OKRs (Objective and Key results) in collaboration with a Google advisor. It enables seed-stage startups to get accustomed to utilising a more rigorous way of achieving goals,” said Gibran Khan, partner program manager at Google for startups in a statement from 91springboard on Tuesday.
The initiative was an invite-only programme for 91springboard member-companies and other startups in its network. As many as 65 startups across edtech, human resources, fintech, travel, healthcare and other portfolios participated in the programme.
The 12-week programme that began on June 28, 2019, helped the startups to set three OKRs and work towards achieving those goals and objectives under the supervision of Google startup advisors.
“The intense journey involved one-on-one mentorship from Google advisors, a great peer network, UX design workshop to up product, keen attention from the 91springboard team to keep us on course and of course OKR crafting,” said Kashi KS and Vidya Santhanman, co-founders at Fitbots, one of the seven startups shortlisted for the programme.
The seven selected startups and their Google advisors:
1. Edurev: A learning app that allows students from ages 12 to 25 to access videos, notes and tests from teachers; also enables understanding specific weaknesses of students for future guidance.
Google advisor Giribabu Madathala helped Edurev learn about product strategy, marketing, monetisation and business development.
2. ReferHire: A platform for peer-to-peer social hiring network that makes talent search easier; has more than half a million registered members representing 100+ industries globally with India and the US being the two largest member communities.
Google advisor Chinmay Gavankar helped Referhire learn about the skill of improving user onboarding experience followed by developing a comprehensive user acquisition strategy.
3. Fitbots: A conversational intelligence platform for performance management in the human resources domain, enabling employees to set OKRs, give and receive continuous feedback and appreciate each other.
Google advisor Neil Taskar helped Fitbots learn more about business development & monetisation, human resources & people management, marketing & branding.
4. Quick Dry-Cleaning Software: A business-to-business software as a service-point of sale (SaaS POS) and business management application for global retail laundry & dry cleaning businesses.
Google advisor Dhiraj Narang helped Quick Dry-Cleaning to enhance its product strategy, monetisation and business development.
5. Instalocate: A parametric-based insurance platform that provides risk cover for micro-moments such as flight disruption, shipment delay or crop damage due to weather.
Google advisor Jaydeep Deshpande provided Instalocate with insights on UI/UX, marketing & branding, business development & monetisation.
6. Litifer Technologies: A platform that enables screen-free, safe & playful cognitive learning for Indian kids through its voice interactive edutainment toys.
Google advisor Srijith Santhosh advised Litifer on product strategy, UI/UX, marketing & branding.
7. Zimyo: An HR solutions platform that includes human resources management system (HRMS), payroll, AI-chatbot and HR intelligence; also enables cross-selling of fintech products like corporate cards and payday loans.
Google advisor Sudivya Dubey helped Zimyo learn about product strategy.